Professional Furnace Cleaning in King & South Snohomish Counties Since 1983
Your furnace is vitally important to the comfort and safety of your home, and regular furnace cleaning will help your furnace work more efficiently. Not only will this save on energy and untimely replacement costs, but it will also help keep your home and family safer
A clean furnace can reasonably be expected to deliver up to 20 years of reliable service – or longer. But a dirty and clogged furnace may well see a service life of half that. Implementation of a periodic furnace cleaning schedule can make the difference between long life or early failure of your furnace.
Why Keep Your Furnace Clean
Three parts of your furnace are susceptible to buildup of dirt and debris. Professional furnace cleaning by Aurora Edmonds Furnace Cleaning ensures all are properly cleared of furnace-killing contaminants.
1. Filter System: Your furnace includes a fan that circulates air throughout your home, and that air first passes through one or more filters before entering the furnace to be heated. These filters need to be changed at regular intervals (at least annually) to keep the system clean and working properly.
2. Blower: If the filters become clogged with dust, dirt, pet hair, etc., the blower motor can become overheated. If this happens, the furnace will shut off until you can arrange for a service call.
3. Heat Exchanger: When a furnace is not running at peak efficiency, it starts to produce higher levels of carbon monoxide. This odorless, colorless gas is naturally produced by combustion, and the vast majority of gas furnaces produce it to some degree. Your furnace is designed to vent it from the home through the its exhaust, but if the furnace becomes too dirty, this venting efficiency diminishes. Carbon monoxide levels in the home can then rise, causing flu-like symptoms, confusion and disorientation. In severe cases, carbon monoxide poisoning can lead to permanent brain damage or even death.
Before Cleaning Notes
- Please clear a wide path from the truck to the furnace, making it as short as possible. The path can include using windows or other non-traditional entry points. If over 90 feet, or if furnace is located in an attic or crawl space, there may be an additional fee of $50 to $100.
- Please insure that crawl space units are clear of water and rodents.
- Secure all pets.
- 3 feet of clear space is needed around the furnace.
- Note: Oil furnaces must be serviced by your service provider after each cleaning to adjust the burner for a clean heat exchanger, smoke pipe and chimney base.
Proper furnace cleaning on a yearly basis will keep your heating system in good working order, save on energy bills, and lower the risk of airborne hazards. Contact us today to schedule an appointment for all your furnace, air duct or dryer vent cleaning needs.
Quality Furnace Cleaning in King & South Snohomish Counties Since 1983
Serving Seattle, Kent, Renton, Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue, Maple Valley, Covington, Federal Way, Auburn, Bonny Lake, Puyallup, South Hill, Des Moines, King County & South Snohomish County