Air Duct Cleaning in King & South Snohomish Counties
Do you think about the air quality inside your home? If you’re like most people, you probably don’t. But the air ducts in your house regularly collect pollutants such as dust, pet dander, rodent debris and dead insects, and when you turn on your furnace or air conditioning, the forced air carries particulates from these sources throughout your home. Enter air duct cleaning.
Your home should be a safe place for all who live there, but the air quality in a home is usually much more polluted than outdoors – even on the poorest air quality days. This is why keeping air ducts clean is so important.
Why Perform Air Duct Cleaning?
No one wants to think about breathing in all those potential pollutants, but keeping air ducts cleaned is especially important if:
- You have children or seniors living with you
- You have pets
- Someone in your home has allergies or asthma
- You’ve recently bought you home
- You’ve renovated your home
- You live near a busy street or freeway
- You notice dust or unusual odors coming from the register
Air Duct Cleaning, Repair and Maintenance
You work to keep the rest of your home clean and neat, so professional cleaning of air ducts should be part of the maintenance of your home. Regular air duct cleaning improves indoor air quality by removing irritants that build up inside air ducts over time. Aurora Edmonds Furnace Cleaning recommends professional air duct cleaning every two to three years, based on typical home activity.
Our Thorough Cleaning Method
All duct work is cleaned with high powered suction installed near the furnace. 180 pounds of compressed air is used at each vent to blow dust and debris back to the suction at the furnace, flushing out the entire duct system. Special tools including whip hoses and others are often utilized to agitate particularly tough debris, especially around cold air return vents.
- Note: Vents to be cleaned must be accessible, and grills must be removable in order to access and clean each properly – including caulked-on vents. Caulked-on vents may be carefully removed by our service men, but no responsibility can be taken for paint imperfections caused by removal. If your duct work has never before been cleaned, removable access holes must be cut above or below the furnace, and there is a $40 charge to do this. These holes allow for heat exchangers to be inspected for cracks, holes or debris left on top of the heat exchanger after cleaning, which can become a fire hazard. After cleaning, the holes are sealed with sheet metal, sheet metal screws and aluminum tape.
Contact us to set up a cleaning appointment for your home today, and remember we also provide furnace cleaning and dryer vent cleaning.
Helping your Family Breathe Easier
with Air Duct Cleaning and Repair in King & Snohomish Counties
Serving Seattle, Kent, Renton, Tacoma, Everett, Bellevue, Maple Valley, Covington, Federal Way, Auburn, Bonny Lake, Puyallup, South Hill, Des Moines, King County & South Snohomish County